Stories of discovery and lessons learned
Details of dispersed campsites and recommended gear are here to make your next off-road trip one of delightful discovery. Whether you are new to camping or an experienced desert rat, my hope is for readers to use this online base camp as a place to laugh, relate and learn from my camping experiences and love affair for 4×4 back roads and adventure. My growing posts of wilderness camping trips are based in California and are expanding as we explore across country in our truck camper. The camping trips & tips are designed to help you avoid the mayhem of developed campgrounds and to relish the seclusion of the back country for renewal of your mind, body and soul.
“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Start making trax
- You can explore our favorite haunts category for dispersed camping trips. You can enter key words in the search bar at the top of each page such as “Death Valley” or “mines.” Of course you can simply peruse by scrolling through my blog posts to see what catches your eye.
- I am developing a list of camping resources on the Gear page where you will find maps, guide books and camping gear I recommend.
- Favorite quotes are inserted in most posts in hopes you enjoy a chuckle or savor food for thought.
- Not sure what dispersed camping is? Check out what its all about as well as my thoughts to define camping. Other terms used for this style of camping can be boon-docking, dry camping and stealth camping.
- Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated in the “Comments” section at the end of each post to share what interests you as a camper.
- My favorite recipe for outdoor adventure: Drive – Explore – Camp – Repeat!
Free newsletter goodies
I’ve researched and put together a list of my favorite apps and map links to help you, “Find your perfect campsite!” This FREE resource is yours just for signing up for my newsletter. Its easy to subscribe with my easy sign-up form. My monthly goodies include the latest stories and tips for camping, gear reviews, random drawings for prizes, as well as details for wilderness areas to explore. Your information is kept private and is only used to send your goodies to your inbox once or twice a month.