Stories of discovery and lessons learned
Details of dispersed campsites and camping gear are here to make your next camp out one of delightful discovery.
Because developed campgrounds suck for the wild at heart, my camping trips & tips are designed to help you relish the seclusion of the back country for renewal of your mind, body and soul.
Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Start making trax
- Find your own campsite sweet spot using my free resource list of apps and links as my thank you gift for subscribing to my newsletter.
- Get tried and true guide books and camping gear I recommend on the Gear page.
- You can explore our favorite haunts category for off-road camping trips. Simply enter key words in the search bar at the top of each page such as “Death Valley” or “mines.” Of course you can simply peruse by scrolling through my blog posts to see what catches your eye.
- Favorite quotes are inserted in most posts in hopes you enjoy a chuckle or savor food for thought.
- Not sure what dispersed camping is? Check out what its all about as well as my proposal to define camping. Other terms used for this style of camping can be boon-docking, dry camping and stealth camping.
Free newsletter goodies
I’ve researched and put together a list of my favorite apps and map links to help you, “find your perfect campsite!” This FREE resource is yours just for signing up for to get my camping tips newsletter. My monthly goodies include the latest stories and tips for camping, gear reviews, random drawings for prizes, as well as details for wilderness areas to explore.
Your information is kept private and is only used to send your goodies to your inbox once or twice a month. Its quick and easy to subscribe using my sign-up form.